Want to see something up close? It's just a click away!

Just click on the image of interest to get a full size picture and see the details up close.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My donation to Alex's school

Alex's school is hosting their annual Spring Fling where they auction off themed baskets filled with items donated by the parents of the kids who attend the school.  Alex's class's theme basket is "The Real Man", so we'll get some things from Mary Kay's men's line (after shave, etc.).  Since I am wanting to take advantage of the opportunity to showcase some of my jewelry creations, I thought I would make a few things for the auction as well.  My problem was that most men don't wear the kind of jewelry I make, so one of my items is actually for another class.  I made a set of one-of-a-kind wine glass charms, which are made with lampwork glass beads and semi-precious stones of mother of pearl, green aventurine, amethyst and carnelian (pictured from left to right below). 
$15 to make something similar with semi-precious stones.


Here is the necklace and earring set I made for the raffle portion of the Spring Fling.  It is an 18" necklace made with Fresh Water Pearls and Swarovski Crystals.
$20 to make something similar.