Want to see something up close? It's just a click away!

Just click on the image of interest to get a full size picture and see the details up close.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Birthday Makings

For my birthday, my friend Cheree gave me a gift card to my favorite bead shop, and I bought some very cool things for myself.  So far, I have made 2 things out of my purchase!

This is a wire wrapped pale sea green Fluorite (semi-precious) pendant I made with 24 gauge gold filled wire.  With this simple color palate and design, I know it will become a favorite.  

I also made this necklace for me, which is made with Red Creek Jaspers (the large round beads), Brecciated Jaspers (small red beads) and off white magnesites (all semi-precious).  I bought the gold plated rondelles with my gift certificate too!  I can't decide if I would rather have the Magnesites (off-white) replaced with more Red Creek Jaspers (big round).  On one hand, I love the colors together and the variation the Magnesites provide, but on the other hand, I really want the Red Creek Jaspers to take center stage, not the Magnesites.